Saturday, July 19, 2008

Steve

I have this friend named Steve. Steven Jacob Klipowicz, to be exact. Unless he has a baptism name, which I have not heard yet (because, let's face it, Steve is not privy to speaking in-depth about matters concerning Christianity).

For those who do not know Steve, the previous comment would appear to be snarky. I'm sure Steve will appriciate it's comedic value and timing.

I have known more than a handful of Stevens in my life, this one, is my most recent meeting.
Because I like lists, I'm going to make a list of the people I have hitherto known as "Steven"

My Step-Father
My little brother (his first name)
The guy who works behind the counter at Immac
Spanish Teacher
a one, Mr. Genco-a business student
a one, Mr. Gunter-a Baptist
a one, Mr. Price-a Presbyterian youth leader
a one, Mr. Hillard-a high school Choral director
FM
The football coach for the Gamecocks (I don't really know him, but as a USC student, I feel obligated to his inclusion)

annnd...Klipowicz.*

So SJK, for a living, designs trees. As far as I can tell, he designs them inside computers, for video games. This is my base understanding of the technology he uses, for all I really know, it could be small gnomes that do the work for him.

This, by far, is one of the most interesting jobs that any of my friends have. But to be honest, again, I have no clue what it entails, so it could very possibly be sludge-worthy and mundane.

It probably is safer to say that : This, by far, is one of the most interesting jobs that I tell other people that any of my friends have.

Being someone who works daily with computers outside of the realm of facebook and whatwouldtylerdurdendo.com, SJK is fairly adept with technology, and has a super fancy computer, a televison that swivels, three or four thousand different video-game playing machines, an iphone, and probably a robot that cleans his apartment for him when he's asleep.

He lives out in Broad River Trace, where Bianca and I bike rided (bike rode? boke rided? Rode our bikes!) yesterday to pool and tan. Then we rode back on the riverwalk. It was a glorious day. I digress.

Speaking of Bianca,
SJK is currently dating my very good and best friend in Columbia, Bianca Raso. See, I can say that now, because it's up on facebook. They make a good match-for other reasons than the fact that they both have an affinity to shop at American Apparel.

SJK is a pollack. For those offended by the word pollack, I will restate. SJK is Polish.
Upon getting to know SJK my "pool of pollacks I know" has increased probably about five hundred percent. Once I knew only two pollacks. SJK and this guy named Jan straight from Poland. Now I know five. Dave Pinski, Zach Klipowicz, and Ben Klipowicz are the new additions. Two of the new pollacks are SJK's brothers, the other is his good friend. Dave carries a cigarette holder and has a handle-bar mustache.

There is one more Klipowicz brother, but I personally do not believe in his exsistence. I think the brothers made him up to have a scapegoat. Approximately a year and half of internet Myspace stalking has produced nary a picture of this elusive "fourth brother".

SJK also has superb tastes in music. He drinks higher priced liqours than I do. His couch is brown. He likes musical comedy. He has a friend named Gabby. He used to be Susan's neighbor. He illustrates Jesus comics. Has a stack of playboys in his living room. Used to be in a band called the Kings of Mexico. Has at least an 11th grade vocabulary. Seems to always have a case of Tecate in his fridge. Is from Chigaco. Smokes Camel Lights.


These are most of the things I know/assume/have gathered sneakily from the approximately year-and-a-half we've known each other. Any further inquiries into his personality can be directed toward http://www.speedtree.com/, or on facebook-under Steven J Klipowicz.



*from here on out in the blog, this paricular Steven will be referred to as SJK

2 comments:

Unknown said...

... you know a lot of Stevens!

Katie Rose said...

excuse me, how come you never posted a whole post about all the awesome KATES you know?!